Glover-Geidt, Janette (Signed)

The Friendly Port: A History of Union Bay 1880-1960

Douglas R. Geidt, 1990

395.00 € (Ladysmith, Canada)

Ask for more info

Payment methods

  • PayPal
  • Credit card
  • Bank transfer
Signed and briefly inscribed by author upon title page. Profusely illustrated with black and white reproductions of archival photos. Illustrated map endpapers. Extensive index. vii, [1],332 pp. "One of the most ambitious and lavish local histories ever undertaken in B.C. for such a relatively small community. Originally called Union Wharf, the town on the old Island Highway south of Courtenay arose when the Union Coal Company opened its Cumberland mines in 1888." - BC Bookworld website. Very light wear to burgundy cloth lettered with gilt. Binding tight. Prior owner's bookplate upon verso of front free endpaper. Light wear to dust jacket now preserved in glossy new archival-grade Brodart. A lovely copy of this particularly excellent local history. Gift quality. Hale & Barman 331 Book